Cloud Engineer - Migration Operations Center
Cloud Engineer – Requires 1-3 years of experience
Senior Cloud Engineer – Requires 3+ years of experience
We are the premier cloud services and software company for enterprises moving to AWS, Google, Microsoft and other leading cloud platforms.
We’re not learning a new way of doing things – we’re defining the best way to do them. Our architects and engineers have been designing, building and implementing IT solutions for enterprise customers across industries for an average of more than 20 years. We focus solely on cloud-based technologies and are the preferred partner for companies seeking to rapidly achieve mission critical business goals through cloud transformation.
We know enterprise cloud. You can too. Come join us!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Work in our Migration Operations Center migrating client application estates to cloud endpoints such as AWS, Azure, Google and Private Cloud such as Openstack.
• Use your scripting skills to create and edit configuration management templates as part of automating Client environment builds.
• Leverage one or more of your skills and knowledge of Operating Systems, Networking, Databases, Identity & Access Management, Middleware, and Applications to script configuration management tool templates.
• Work with familiar configuration management platforms, tools and languages such as Cloudformation, Terraform, Command Line Interfaces, Bash, Python, PowerShell, Batch, Chef, Ansible and Jenkins to configure and deploy Client environments.
• Review and understand migration project requirements (Server, Database, Apps, Data, Load balancer).
• Review migration process, create automation framework by automating as many tasks as possible using the appropriate techniques/tools and configure integration post migration (Update app configuration files to point to Database server etc.)
• Understand basic container concepts and use container orchestration tools (Kubernetes, Mesos etc.) to migrate and deploy packages). The container architecture and ecosystem will be created and built by a Container Architecture team and the migration engineers will use the deployed ecosystem to migrate and deploy application packages
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Technical Science or equivalent experience.
• 2 plus years of experience with coding or scripting languages – with at least two of the following (Shell, Ruby/JRuby, Perl, Python, PowerShell, Java, Go, Bash)
• Strong technical foundation in any number of the following tools and technologies:
o Linux and/or Windows (Ubuntu/Debian and/or RedHat/Centos/Fedora
o Virtualization (VMWare, Xen, KVM, VirtualBox)
o Cloud platform 1+ years: (AWS, Google – GCP/GAE/GCE, Rackspace Cloud, Azure)
o Infrastructure automation 1+ years (Chef, Puppet, Salt, Ansible)
o Build tools (Maven, Ant, NAnt, MSBuild, Rake, GNU Make)
o Continuous integration tools (Cruise, TeamCity, Jenkins)
o SCM tools (Git, SVN, Perforce, Mercurial)
o Application servers, servlet containers, and web servers (WebSphere, Tomcat, Jetty, Nginx, Mongrel, Microsoft IIS, Apache HTTP server)
• Network technologies TCP/IP, Routers or Load Balancers or Firewalls.
o Exposure to complex Wide Area Network technologies (such as MPLS, WAN Application Acceleration, etc. )
o Site to Site VPN expertise.
o Familiarization with corporate DMZ topologies.
• Familiarity with any migration tools - ATADATA, CloudEndure, Rivermeadow, AWS Discovery Service, AWS SMS, etc.
• Knowledge of and any experience with migration concepts, sync mechanism (block, Image, File), Sequencing, Application grouping, Migration and replication jobs, target blueprints (vpc, subnets, elb's, SG, NACL's etc.)
• Basic knowledge of Container concepts (Kubernetes, Docker, Mesos, AWS ECS and Azure Container Services)
• Basic knowledge of deploying java packages using deployment and integration tools
• AWS certification in any of the following - Solutions Architect, Developer or Systems Ops.
• Sense of humor